When talking about the antivirus which comes up with a total protection as well as deep or multi-layer protection on your devices connected with it then McAfee(McAfee.com/activate) stuck up. It counts on top 3 best antiviruses and gets compatible with almost all the devices and platforms.
Rescue Disk is the utility which helps you in creating a bootable floppy disk that is used up while restarting the PC. It scans the viruses which bother you in opening it normally.
Note- You need to have an uninterrupted internet connection as well as needs to visit McAfee.com/activate link while downloading and activating it. The product is available for PC with FAT (version 16 and 32) hard-disk partition only.
To create a Rescue Disk on McAfee VirusScan, follow the steps as given below-
- On a normal PC, you need to insert a floppy disk on Drive.
Tips– Go for scanning both PC as well as floppy disk, to save them from getting infected.
- Point out to the VirusScan, after right-clicking on the McAfee main window.
- Click on the option ‘Create Rescue Disk’ and the dialog box gets open.
- Select the option ‘Create’ to create Rescue Disk.
Note- If this is the first time you’re creating the rescue disk then message will pop-up that the rescue disk needs to download the image file for the rescue disk. Select the option ‘Ok’ to download it now or ‘Cancel’ to download it later.
A warning message will accompany you letting you know that the contents of the floppy disk may get lost.
- Click the option ‘Yes’ to continue creating the Rescue Disk.
- The creation message will show up in the ‘Creation of the Rescue Disk’ dialog box.
- When the ‘Rescue disk created’ page appears, select the option ‘Ok’.
- Then close the dialog box ‘Rescue disk created’.
- Remove the Rescue Disk from the Drive.
- Write-protect it.
- Save it in a safe location.
In case, you wanted to setup write-protecting a Rescue-Disk, then you need to follow the steps as given-
- You need to turn the floppy disk label-side down.
- Locate the write-down tab.
- Slide the tab so that the hole is visible.