Having internet security software is a crucial need of today’s generation and so McAfee internet security in among the highly used software for the purpose. Providentially, the software security firm render free trial version as well, so users can test the features before they make any investment. Once you exceed the free trial period, you need to activate it by either purchasing McAfee retail card or online subscription.
In order to get McAfee subscription, it is mandatory to have either McAfee retail card or a registered account of its official page. Redeem the activation code after purchasing the retail card or if you have made an online purchase, you will receive a mail, keep it secured as you will need to while renewal.
Proceed further by downloading, installing, and activate the software. Note that the steps to download and install McAfee may vary depending on the operating system and web browser version you are using.
From where do you get McAfee internet security?
- Open a web browser and go to the official McAfee login page
- Use the credentials by which you registered you account
- If you do not have an existing account then visit McAfee login page and choose the option to register
- Follow prompts to complete account registration
- On your profile, enter the activation key code that you redeemed from McAfee MIS Retail Card
- If you entered the license key code before login, you might need to enter it again
- Next, you will have the security product that belongs to the McAfee activation code you entered earlier
- Click the button ‘Download your software’
- Once the software installed on your computer, proceed to install it
- Open the file you recently downloaded and run ‘McAfee internet security’
- Follow the instruction showing up on the screen
Once you complete the manual instruction, the installation will begin to run. Make sure you do not close the window/ stop the ongoing process/ shut down the system- it may cause McAfee installation error or other related issues as well.
Successively, launch the software on the screen and check if it is activated or not. In case you already have an installed McAfee (MIS), skip the process mentioned above and check for its last activation date. If your McAfee activate subscription is expired or not activated for once, you need to visit www.mcafee.com/activate in order to activate.
Now, make sure that the firewall security by McAfee internet security is turned on in order to leverage the protection of your device and data stored in it. Find the instructions below if the firewall security is not activated.
Enable McAfee internet security firewall
- Launch McAfee internet security and go to the Security pane
- Either click the gear icon at the top-right section of the window or click on Web and Email protection
- When directed to the next page, click Firewall and enable/ Turn on the option
McAfee internet security is now activated, you can now run the scan task to check whether the software is working or not. In case you failed to go through any of the step, you can submit report by going to McAfee Activate > McAfee log in> support section.