Hacking has become common terms in headlines yet people are not paying much attention towards having security measures. To begin the installation of the antivirus software on your PC, examine whether your system is connected to a stable network or not, else it would hinder you to proceed further.
With dynamic threat protection solutions, McAfee security software fights against emerging web threats. The software monitors the activity of your computer and evaluates the area that needs security operations and then triggers it with security measures.
- Update the web browser to avoid unnecessary error
- Disable or remove extensions as sometimes they restrict you from visiting certain sites
- Make sure you meet the compatibility criteria
Sing in and download McAfee
- Launch a web browser with its current version and go to mcafee.com/activate
- In the field of ‘Enter your 25-digit activation code’ type your McAfee activation key code and submit
- If you have purchased McAfee retail card then redeem it to use the code
- If you do not have a subscribed product, go to the home page and have a thorough look into the product section
- Purchase a product and you will receive McAfee license key code to your registered email address
- You are now directed to the account log in page, enter you account credentials in the field and enter
- Create an account if you do not have an existing one
- Once you are on your McAfee profile, you will find the software related with your activation key
- Click to download the security software
McAfee antivirus is now downloaded on your computer. In case you are unable to download it, check if your system has enough space and it is compatible as well. Proceed to install.
Install the subscribed McAfee product
- Open the file to begin the installation process of McAfee Activate
- Select your location or recheck it before submitting (The software tries to detect the location automatically and sometime the detection are wrong)
- Enter McAfee activation key code when required
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation
Do not interrupt the ongoing process of McAfee installation to avoid the chances of errors. If situation when you encounter any McAfee error, it is recommended to get in touch with official McAfee customer support to find assured assistance. Else, you can submit the error repot on www.mcafee.com/activate > Click on the McAfee icon and go to the support section.
Users with installed McAfee activate on their computer systems may skip the above steps. Check whether the software is activated or not. If the installed McAfee antivirus is not activated, it means your device is not under any protection and has a high risk of threat attack. To restrain such risks, go through the McAfee activate process.
Activate McAfee using McAfee activation key code
- Double-click on McAfee icon and launch the software on the screen
- On the home page, click on the activate option, this will connect you to the official McAfee page
- If you are not connected to the internet, open a browser and go to mcafee.com/activate
- Enter your 25-digit McAfee activation code and submit
- Log in if you have logged out from your account
The antivirus is now activated. To maintain the security, review the software periodically and get active subscription when needed. You can also migrate from one McAfee product to another if can you are looking for different set of services or want to protect more data. It is recommended to install McAfee Activate on your Smartphone as well.