Fix 1. Run the Preinstall tool on our device.
- Download the Preinstall tool from the Internet.
- Save the .exe file on Desktop so that it is readily accessible.
- Double-click on the .exe file to run it on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen information, and then click Finish.
- Click OK when the Preinstall tool installs successfully. Click the Close button and restart your PC.
Now try reinstalling the software and entering the McAfee activate product key again. If this method didn’t work, skip to the next one.
- Hold the Window key and press R.
- Type “cmd” in the search box (without quotes). Press Enter.
- Right-click on Command in the search results, and then click Open as Administrator.
- Type the following commands one by one in the command prompt window. Press enter after you type each command:
- regsvr32 jscript.dll
After successfully typing these commands, you will get the success or failure result.