If you have been using a free McAfee trial version, which is now going to expire, you will require activating the software. If you do not activate or renew the subscription, the scan and protection features will not serve the purpose. Hence installing McAfee activate for premium security becomes mandatory.
Why do you need a paid version of McAfee LiveSafe?
- Multiple device protection with cross-platform accessibility
- Safe web surfing option
- Active firewall security
- Analyzes and blocks malicious websites and downloads
- Gives you control to track internet activates
- Blocks spam emails
Users with a McAfee retail card activation code will need to redeem the code in the first place before starting the process of activating the software. On the same token, you got the subscription directly via Mcafee.com/activate then note down the code and proceed.
Follow steps how to activate McAfee LiveSafe on windows 10:
- Click on McAfee icon to open start the task
- From home, click the Update button
- When redirected to Mcafee.com/activate page, log in to your linked account
- Enter McAfee LiveSafe 25 digit activation code
- Submit and install McAfee activate version when required
Please note to uninstall Expired McAfee before installing an active version. If you do not uninstall the older version or any other antivirus software, you may face errors. The above steps are applicable on Windows 10, 7, and other versions as well.
If you are an existing subscriber of McAfee LiveSafe security but the product is now expired, you can simply renew it from McAfee my account page. All you need to do is to log in to your account and from ‘My subscriptions’ page, you will have the option to renew the product. Follow the on-screen steps and complete the product renewal procedure. This will activate the software and entitle you to use advanced services.